Syed Shah Salim Ahmed@english.gbnews24.com
Londoner`s are very busy and its politics now focusing on their upcoming Parliament Election, which due on 2015. Conservative, Labour, Liberal democrats already started their selection process and the heart of London`s most of Bangladeshi peoples, two third are black minority consists around here.
New generation of Bangladeshi and Ethnic minority are now very bright, precious and actively focusing in British Politics, Media, and Business rather traditionally dis-associated in Curry Industry.
Rupa Asha Huq Bangladeshi origin currently working as a senior lecturer in Kingston University London. Rupa used to work in University of Manchester as lecturer from Leverhulm Trust Fellowship.
She is a writer, columnist, blogger. Her book beyond subculture was published in 2006 and shortlisted for Philips Abraham Memorial Prize in 2007. She is continues writing in Daily Guardian, the statesman and her own blog as well. She used to serve as deputy mayor for London borough of Ealing in 2010.
Rupa were participated as parliamentary candidate in 2005, where she was the top competitor with her opponent conservative candidate Cheryl Gilan. At that Election rupa got 6,610 votes where Cheryl got 11,882. Mean while Chesham & Amersham in Buckinghamshire seat is the safe conservative seat. Conservative party always won from here. However rupa did big fight with her opponent in first time parliamentary election.
Now rupa selected parliamentary candidate from the Ealing Central and Acton constituency in Greater London in 2015 general Election.
She has other two siblings whose elder one is Nura Huq is a architect, younger one Konnie Huq is well known by BBC`s famous serial blue peter. Her parents Mr Mohammed muszuddin Abedul Huq and Roshon ara Huq came in Britain back in 1960, where Mr Huq achieved his PhD from East London University.
As a lecturer as “Sociologist who has also taught on Media and Cultural Studies courses at Kingston University. Research interests largely cluster around, youth culture/ pop music which were the subject of first book “Beyond Subculture” (2006, Routledge), book was shortlisted for the Philip abrams Memorial Prize of the British Sociological Association
and cultures of suburbia, the subject of two further books: “On the Edge: the contested cultures of English Suburbia” (2013, Lawrence and Wishart) and “Making Sense of Suburbia Through Popular Culture” (2013, Bloomsbury Academic). Rupa widely known as researcher and writer as well as labour politician. Her recent journal articles and book chapters includes “Darkness on the Edge of Town: Mapping ‘Asian suburban London’ through popular culture” in Wasafiri literary journal December 2012,
• Indie on the Box” – chapter in Popular Music on Television ed Iain Inglis (2010) Ashgate
• “The Politics of Britpop” – book chapter in Britpop and the English Music Tradition edited by Bennett, A. and Stratton, J. (2010) Aldershot: Ashgate
• “Rethinking Suburbia in an age of insecurity: Hard Times On the Edge” in Exploring the
Cultural Challenges to social Democracy. (2011) London: Policy Network
• “The path back to power is a suburban one” in Hamid, H. and Scholes Fogg, T. (eds) What next for Labour? (2011) London: Queensferry Publishing
• “From the Margins to Mainstream? Representations of British Asian Youth Musical Cultural Expression from Bhangra to Asian Underground Music” reprint of much cited 2003 young article in four-volume major reference work Popular Music, edited by Rojek, C. (2011) London: Sage p39-62
• “Nation” entry in Keywords in Youth Studies: Tracing Affects, Movements, Knowledges edited by Nancy Lesko, Susan Talburt. (2011), Routledge pp 174-179
• “Faith in the Suburb: discourses of identity and extremism in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, UK” in Debating Multiculturalism edited by Steve Garner (2012) London: Dialogue Society.”
I have now concluded here here video where she believes will win the next election and if so she will be the next British Bangladeshi member of Parliament following by Rushonara Ali, who already in seating labour member of Parliament from East end in London. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWjeRUDNl2s
Gbnews24.com family will continue campaign for Rupa Huq and wishes her all success in life. We believe she will be the win in next 2105 Election as Labour MP in the British Parliament.
30th November 2013, London.